Alter-Is in LRH-Books: Fundamental of Thought
Levi Murphy [firstname.lastname@example.org] wrote in COSinvestigations@egroups.com :
13)It is considered a HIGH CRIME among scientologists for anybody to pervert and alter the works of LRH. But just as I've reported on "New Slant On Life", the same alter-ising of words has occurred in "Fundamentals of Thought." </p>
It's titled "L. Ron Hubbard, Scientology: The Fundamentals of Thought" by L. Ron Hubbard LIBRARY, Copyright 1988, 1990, 1997 in comparison to LRH's original text titled "Scientology: The Fundamentals of Thought" by L. Ron Hubbard, Copyright 1956, 1972, 1973.
I realize it is not OK to be "reasonable" and justify major squirreling because one's confront is not up on such evil. I've uncovered alter-ises in Scientology: The Fundamentals of Thought in addition to NSOL from my earlier 9-page Knowledge Report on New Slant On Life.
List of Alter-Ises:
I will now go on to show EXACTLY, chapter by chapter, what has
been alter-ised.1) shows the ORIGINAL text BY Ron himself, and 2)
shows the squirrel "L. Ron Hubbard Library" version.
1) Original "by L. Ron Hubbard" Text
2) Altered "L. Ron Hubbard Library" version
1) "Scientology is that branch of psychology which treats of (embraces) human ability. It is an extension of DIANETICS which is in itself an extension of old-time faculty-psychology of 400 years ago. "
2) "Scientology is an applied religious philosophy." "Scientology is further defined as the study and handling of the spirit in relationship to itself, universes and other life." "Any comparison between Scientology and the the subject known as Psychology is nonsense." (text ADDED in Squirrel version, It is NOT in the original FOT by Ron)
1) "More acceptable and normal psychology such as"
2) "Early psychology such as"
1) Scientology IS ACTUALLY A NEW BUT VERY BASIC PSYCHOLOGY IN THE MOST EXACT MEANING OF THE WORD. It can and does change behavior and intelligence, and it can and does assist
2) Scientology can and does change behavior and intelligence, and it can and does assist [OMMITS the (my) CAPITALIZED words in original.]
1) None of the text in #2 is in the "by LRH's" text of FOT.
2) Scientology is a route, a way, rather than a dissertation or an assertive body of knowledge. Through its drills and studies one may find the truth for oneself. It is the only think that can show you who you really are. The technology is therefore no expounded as something to believe but something to do. The end result of Scientology studies and drills is a renewed awareness of self as a spiritual and immortal being. Only those who believe, as do psychiatrists and psychologists, that man is a soulless animal or who wish for their own reasons to keep man unhappy and oppressed are in any conflict with Scientology.
1) It is employed as well by persons in business
2) Scientology is employed as well by business
[NOTE: There are dozens and dozens of words missing in brackets ( ) .. that in the original book clarified the meaning of the word. Also, Capitalization's have been changed to italics.]
1) The world headquarters for Scientology is the Hubbard College of Scientology, Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead, Sussex, England. In addition, there are major Scientology organizations on practically every continent on earth.
2) There are Scientology organizations located throughout the world. [It no longer says where world headquarters is.]
1) The company that is publishing the book you are reading may have more books in your language.
2) A full list of these books is given in the bibliography at the back of this volume. [This omits important data that there are more books in their language.]
2) Missing "Who Invented Scientology" Editors note
Literally HUNDREDS of places have OMMITTED capitalization where I'm sure Ron INTENDED. Also, DOZENS words defined with brackets are totally MISSING. This was NOT Ron's intention.
Chapter 4, The Eight Dynamics
1) THE SECOND DYNAMIC--is the urge toward exsistence as a
sexual or bisexual activity.
2) The second dynamic is the urge toward exsistence as a sexual activity.
Chapter 6, The Reason Why
1) There is freedom amongst barriers.
2) There is freedom among barriers.
1) This, then, is the broad picture of life, and these elements are used in its understanding, in bringing life into focus and in making it less confusing.
2) This, then, is the broad picture of life, and in bringing life into focus and making it less confusing, these elements are used in its understanding. [alter-is is written out of sequence.]
Chapter 7, The Parts of Man
1) accomplished in July, 1951, in Phoenix
2) accomplished in July, 1952, in Phoenix
1) Dianetics (that branch of Scientology which applies only to the mind.)
2) Dianetics. [missing text]
1) If a thetan can suffer from anything, it is being out-created (created against too thoroughly).
2) If a thetan can suffer from anything, it is being out-created. [missing text]
Chapter 8, CAUSATION OF KNOWLEDGE
1) Scientology as a science is composed of many axioms
(self-evident truths, as in geometry).
2) Scientology as a science is composed of many axioms. [missing text]
1) father [Only once does LRH capitalize father when he uses it to emphasize in "Father's universe"]
2) Father [is capitalized EIGHT additional times. In the Websters Dictionary, the formalized capitalization of the term is only used when addressing a Christian priest. It is also only capitalized when used as another term for God. Therefore, potential confusion could result from somebody reading this squirrelly version of FOT .especially a Christian.]
1) since the only one who is present with the preclear is the Auditor
2) since the only one who is present with the preclear is the auditor,
(It's apparent that Ron capitalized "Auditor" in respect to the most valuable beings on the planet. Certainly "Auditor" deserves
capitalized over "Father." Not capitalizing auditor above like Ron did makes less of them.)
1) (Note to Translators: Lacking a proper English word for "causative thinking", the word "postulate" has been used in slight difference to its English definition. If there is a word in your language which mens "self-impulsion" or "creation of a thought", us that instead of "postulate".)
2) [Missing text.]
1) 50% for attack and 50% for defense.
2) fifty percent for attack and fifty percent for defense
1) randomities (unpredicted motions)
2) randomities [missing text with clear definition]
Chapter 11, Scientology Processing
The Code of a Scientologist is a major alter-is from Ron's original FOT book and missing vital points. What Ron wrote then is what Ron wrote. PERIOD. Any alter-ising his words is a crime against Scientologists and the world and creates major distrust when found out.
Chapter 12, Exact Processes
The Game Conditions and No-Game Conditions are not listed in
the single column format creating potential confusion as to the
order they are on the scale.
Mother and Father is strangely capitalized many times. A few paragraphs later, father is mysteriously no longer capitalized. ...